July 28, 2009

Hooray for the White Pencil

Have you ever tried marking dark fabric with one of those white fabric pencils? They always break in the sharpener, and if they don't, the lead just falls out. I usually end up sharpening mine with a knife, but it's still never good enough.


Last week I saw a mechanical fabric pencil online and I was thrilled! Perfect, right? No sharpening, no thick lead and no carving in my sewing room. Hooray!


I was able to find the Fons & Porter version at my local JoAnn store and I even saved 40% with a coupon. So far, I love it. What a great tool. I did a little research online and there seem to be lots of places to buy these online and lots of reviews too. Here are a few resources for you:

Happy marking!

2 comments:

Junie Moon said...

What a helpful post this is as I've despaired at solving the annoying white pencil issue. Thanks!

LaKaribane said...

I'm in love. I NEED ONE, NOW!!!

Thank you for enabling...