August 19, 2008

Movin' Right Along

Remember a while back when I mentioned my KitchenAid Mixer? Well, I finally got it out of the box this weekend. Better late than never. I still haven't christened the food processor, but hopefully some lemon scones will take care of that.


That's not all I did this weekend. I went to JoAnn Fabrics and picked up some great corduroy. I completely don't agree with selling Fall stuff in the summer, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna buy it. That one on top will go great with a green pintuck cotton I have in the closet. I'm thinking zipper pouch to start.


I also grabbed some bright & colorful Debbie Mumm fabrics (on sale) to make bibs. They're a big seller this time of year so I'm trying to rotate some new ones into the mix. I have a ton in the shop right now.


I also got a pack of really cute card stock to make gift tags with. I like to include them with orders sometimes. This was also from Debbie Mumm, and on sale. It's great quality, and thick, so the tags punch out quite nicely.

Now, I really do have to start stocking up for Christmas. I already have a request for monkey ornaments! Yikes!

5 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

I was at Joann's this morning and saw some prints and thought "Ginny could make something pretty with those!"

Someday we should save up some money and go on a big fabric shopping spree together - wouldn't that be fun?!?

LeeAnn said...

So many great ideas! I keep saying I am going to be starting Xmas items soon, but I've been procrastinating. Better get on that.

Christina J. said...

Very pretty fabrics. I love to look at fabric even though I don't sew. Those cupcakes look delicious; can you send some my way? :)

Junie Moon said...

I saw the same fabrics the other day when I was at Jo-Ann's but was on a different mission so didn't get any. Speaking of Christmas, I just posted today about a gift I made for a child in my life. My gift list is slowly getting whittled down.

Anonymous said...

I am not ready for fall things yet either. Maybe because I am not wanting to admit that summer is coming to a close!
Your blog is wonderful! So many crafty ideas here.