April 15, 2008

Quick Note

I bet you're surprised to see me. Yep, the wedding is now a mere 11 days away. There are family members flying from Australia and the UK at this very moment. My dress has a hem and a zipper (sorry ladies, no more piccies till after the big day). Gifts are arriving almost daily and I still feel the need to blog. There's your proof that it truly is an addiction.
I just wanted to share a couple things with you this morning before I get back to my dressmaking saga. The first is a book that I walked past a few moments ago on my way to the coffee pot.

Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair. Now who wouldn't be drawn in by a title like that? I ask you. Maybe not the most appropriate subject for someone getting married next weekend, but this book is hilarious. It made me laugh out loud pretty much on every page. It's sort of a funny autobiographical look at a girl going through a divorce who ends up learning to knit along the way. It's hysterical, seriously. Buy this book and read Laurie Perry's blog too. If you're not convinced, I'm sure the blog will do it. I've had such a rubbish time finding a good book lately, so this one really made my day. Check it out!

And here's my latest Etsy mail from the lovely Mary of marajane01. This is my 3rd order (I think) from Mary and I'm gonna say it again, she's lightning fast and definitely takes the time to make sure the colors are correct when she prints (she spins yarn too). I love that. If you're considering buttons as giveaways for your handmade goods or you need them for a wedding favor, contact Mary...now! I'm going to use these to hold the names on these guys for the wedding. And if you're worried about me finishing all of these little projects, you'll be glad to know I only have about 10 more monkeys to make. Most are already assigned to their respective guests and divided by tables.
So that's it for me. I've got to feed the kitties and get to the needle & thread. More later. Have a great Tuesday!

6 comments:

Dinah said...

I am loving EVERYTHING you're doing and giving and decorating with for your wedding. You are very creative and unique and I just love it! I can't wait to see your gown - I know it's going to be absolutely beautiful!

jessica said...

You are going to have the best wedding ever - everything is so great that you are putting together for it.
I can't wait to see it all together! Best of everything in your final preparations!

Jenn Maruska said...

The title of that book is so funny!

I can't believe it's so close to your wedding day now. Oh, the excitement!!!

We'll be thinking of you often : D

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

CAme by your site at random. Great site. Good luck on your wedding.

Feel free to pop by and say hello soon.

African Kelli said...

Oooh, I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see the photos and hear all the details.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

I am getting so excited! LOL You'd think I was gonna be there :oD

I absolutely love your little Nick &Ginny pins---LOVE!

Smiles, Karen