November 13, 2007

Crying at Target

When I saw this post on Amy's blog, I had an urge to rush over to Target to get some new slippers. I was very strong though, I waited a whole day before heading out this morning for my monkeys. I went straight to the shoes, no monkeys. Looked around the Nick & Nora monkey pajamas, no slippers. Browsed the socks and finally came across these:

And right next to them, a very large area of empty space with lots of sock monkey slippers price tags. I was strong though, I didn't cry. Instead I took my little mary janes and was on my way. To tell you the truth, I prefer this style anyway, and they're in one of my favorite color combos. I'm not saying I won't get the slippers when they're in stock, I'm just happy with what I have. And on a side note, after living in the UK for a year I feel like a real dork in white socks. I rarely wear them now. Funny, huh?
As for crafting, I added a new Julie Bag to my collection last week. I used some more of my Look and Learn fat quarters. It got some views at the market on Sunday, but no takers. I'm really low on Gadget Monkeys these days so I guess that'll be my focus this week. (I finally finished my big custom order last night, yay!
p.s. To answer Jenn's question in her comment. I received thanks and photos for the Star Trek costume from Heck today. Here's what it looked like. He seems happy to me. There are some things I'd do differently if I had to do it again, but I wouldn't do it again. Not for a million dollars.

12 comments:

Amy Herbst said...

CUTE! I love the little monkey maryjanes too. Good luck with the Gadget Monkeys this week!

said...

That's my favorite style of slipper...gotta go find a pair.

Jenn Maruska said...

Those are cute!

Love the colors of the bag - really nice.

How did your friend like his Star Trek costume?

Beth Lemon said...

I love those! I'm doing my whole baby's room in sock monkeys. I might just have to get a pair...

Jenn Maruska said...

That costume looks great! You did a really nice job!

LeeAnn said...

Trek Boy does look happy! How about a million and one dollars? I kid, I kid.

Those slippers/mary janes are too adorable. I didn't know Target had them!

jessica said...

I love Mary Janes too - although the others are cute. I agree - you may have to have both!


And great job on that costume - I love how you freely admit your feelings about it;)

Louise said...

Oh I much prefer yours - very cute colour combo. Hmm white sock pretty dorky here too! Well done on the star trek costume - amazing! Have you been practising saying 'NO'?!;)

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

Cute slippers! And what a hunt you went on!

So you're a sci-fi seamstress too?

Felicia said...

Oh my gosh! I can see why you rushed out to buy those slippers. I'm so sorry they were sold out. But the mary janes are definitely cute too!

Anonymous said...

Your sock slippers are adorable and I love them! Now I'm thinking of running off to Target. I also absolutely love that bag you made and the Star Trek costumes are awesome.

Sarah and Jack said...

I think I have those sock monkey slippers around here somewhere. Shoved under the basement sofa if I recall. The mary jane sock style is cute too!